- newHardy exits with right hamstring strain
Orioles shortstop J.J. Hardy exited Sunday night's game after six innings with a right hamstring strain and is considered day to day.
- 5 hours ago, 21 Apr 14, 12:13am -
- newMiscues costly as O's fall to Red Sox in ninth
The Orioles had a five-run lead and a starting pitcher on the mound who had a shutout going in the sixth inning. But it all unraveled in ugly fashion Sunday night, as Baltimore committed three errors, the last which allowed the Red Sox to complete th…
- 5 hours ago, 21 Apr 14, 12:12am -
- newEarly start on day of remembrance in Boston
All eyes will be on the city of Boston on Monday. The Red Sox, who paid homage to the victims of last year's marathon attacks and the first responders in Sunday night's game, will be thrust into the nation's spotlight Monday morning as they take on t…
- 6 hours ago, 20 Apr 14, 11:30pm -
- newShowalter wants to keep Schoop versatile
Jonathan Schoop started at second base on Sunday night, with manager Buck Showalter --despite saying previously he didn't want to move the rookie around -- wanting to make sure Schoop wasn't too far removed from across the diamond.
- 9 hours ago, 20 Apr 14, 8:22pm -
- newGausman has strongest Triple-A start to date
Orioles pitching prospect Kevin Gausman turned in his best outing of the season on Sunday afternoon despite picking up a no-decision in Triple-A Norfolk's 6-3 win over Durham.
- 12 hours ago, 20 Apr 14, 5:49pm -
- Call at first overturned on O's first challenge
After O's outfielder Nelson Cruz was originally called out at first in the sixth inning, the umpires overturned the call following a replay review, which meant Cruz had an RBI single and the game against the Red Sox was tied at 2. Baltimore lost the…
- 1 day ago, 19 Apr 14, 8:30pm -
- Benches clear at Fenway after pitch to Ross
The benches cleared at Fenway Park on Saturday after O's righty Bud Norris threw a pitch up and in to Red Sox catcher David Ross. Things settled down, and Boston won the game, 4-2.
- 1 day ago, 19 Apr 14, 7:39pm -
- After things get heated, O's fall to Red Sox
A heated seventh-inning exchange that saw both dugouts empty preceded a pair of Red Sox runs that doomed the O's in a 4-2 loss on Saturday at Fenway Park.
- 1 day ago, 19 Apr 14, 6:20pm -
- Pearce trying to stay sharp in limited role with O's
Steve Pearce has made just one start for the O's this season, on his 31st birthday (April 13), but he said prior to Friday's game at Fenway Park that he's staying ready for whatever manager Buck Showalter needs.
- 2 days ago, 19 Apr 14, 2:03pm -
- Machado plays first extended spring game
Orioles third baseman Manny Machado went 2-for-4 over five innings in his first extended spring game on Saturday morning. Manager Buck Showalter said the report on Machado, who also played the field, was good.
- 2 days ago, 19 Apr 14, 1:01pm -